ARNP or PA
This job description does not constitute an offer of employment or employment contract.
Individuals responding to job postings are considered to be applicants for a particular position only after they have been invited to complete the company's official printed employment application form. Florida Cancer Specialists is an equal opportunity employer.
ANRP and PA Position Summary: Assists physician in the care and teaching of patients.
ARNP Required Qualifications:
Graduate from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program, Masters Degree in Nursing or post-masters nurse practitioner certificate program, current license/registration to practice in the state of Florida, prescriptive privileges or eligible to apply. Must hold the necessary certification from ANCC or ONS (AOCN-P). Must be BLS certified. Fluency in the English language with verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively to diverse populations, including physicians, employees, patients and families. Leadership skills necessary to direct others toward objectives that contribute to the successful treatment of patients. Analytical skills necessary to evaluate patients’ status, health care procedure / techniques and to monitor quality of patient care. Fiscal skills to monitor and control costs and revenue. Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion while performing duties is essential. Valid Florida drivers license for travel to clinics.
PA Required Qualifications:
Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program, have current license/registration to practice in the state of Florida, prescriptive privileges or eligible to apply. Must hold the necessary certification from NCCPA (National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants). Must be BLS certified. Fluency in the English language with verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively to diverse populations, including physicians, employees, patients and families. Leadership skills necessary to direct others toward objectives that contribute to the successful treatment of patients. Analytical skills necessary to evaluate patients’ status, health care procedure / techniques and to monitor quality of patient care. Fiscal skills to monitor and control costs and revenue. Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion while performing assigned duties. Valid Florida drivers license for travel to clinics.
PA and ARNP Key Performance Areas:
1. Assess the physical and psychosocial status of patients by means of interview, health history, physical examination, and diagnostic studies.
2. Write prescriptions for: medication, blood products based upon laboratory results, routine diagnostic and follow-up studies, therapeutic measures, and care post-discharge in accordance with written practice protocols.
3. Based on findings, determine eligibility of patients for entry into clinical trials.
4. Interpret and evaluates findings of studies / tests.
5. Relay appropriate information regarding patient care to the collaborating physician.
6. Administer therapeutic measures / obtains specimens as prescribed.
7. Dictate follow-up letters to referring physicians with summaries of treatment, response and plan.
8. Dictate or writes patient history, admissions, progress notes, and discharge notes in a timely manner.
9. Assist in the management of family dynamics and coping mechanisms during acute and chronic phases of patients’ care.
10.Conduct or participate in daily multi-disciplinary rounds for assigned patients to ensure patients are receiving appropriate and quality care.
11.Provide on-call coverage and performs hospital rounds as needed.
12.Triage patients to determine urgency of physician evaluation.
13.Document and reports care in an accurate, timely manner using appropriate forms and records.
14.Demonstrate a willingness to learn and to remain flexible in the changing health care environment.
15.Assist staff in times of crisis or emergency.
16.Meet with the public outside the institution and efficiently market and promote cancer treatment.
17.Determine work priorities, assign work and insure proper completion of work assignments.
18.Comply with all federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to patient privacy, patient’s rights, personnel law, safety, labor, and employment law. Adheres to FCS and departmental policies and procedures, including IT policies and procedures and Disaster Recovery Plan.
19.Other duties as requested.
- Keep work area and records in a neat and orderly manner.
- Maintain all company equipment in a safe and working manner.
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality of all patient and employee information at all times as required by the HIPAA regulations.
- Assist in training new employees to related job duties.
- Will be expected to work at any FCS location to help meet FCS business needs as directed by collaborating physician.
- Will be expected to work overtime when given sufficient notice of required overtime.
Expectation for all Employees:
Support the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, personalization, commitment to our community, accountability and ownership.
This job description in no way states or implies that the listed duties are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervising physician or other management personnel. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, provided prior authorization is given by supervising physician.
Working Conditions: Medical office/clinic. Patient care environment with minimal exposure to communicable disease when using universal precaution methods, exposure to chemotherapy.
Essential Physical Requirements:
· Ability to travel independently throughout the facility to access information from other departments.
· Ability to sit for long periods of time.
· Ability to operate an automobile for travel to other offices.
· Ability to reach, grasp, type, bend, stoop, talk and hear.
· Must be physically able to help move patients if necessary.
Essential Mental Requirements:
· Ability to work under stress, with interruptions and deadlines.
· Ability to process verbal information and input this information into computer system.
· Ability to follow complex instructions.
· Ability to master complex math skills.
· Ability to think logically in following procedures and instructions.
· Ability to think logically and make decisions.
· Ability to utilize the FCS information system.
Essential Technical/Motor Skills:
· Ability to enter and retrieve data from computer.
· Ability to operate modern office business machinery.
· Ability to operate phone system.
Essential Sensory Requirements:
· Ability to converse in calm and friendly manner.
· Ability to view data on the FCS information system and in various written formats.
· Ability to communicate on the phone.
· Ability to effectively communicate and interact with coworkers, hospital staff, patients, public and physicians.