Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute (FCS) has built a national reputation for excellence that is reflected in exceptional and compassionate patient care. We are at the forefront of innovative clinical research, enabling us to offer the most advanced treatments and cutting-edge technologies for all forms of cancers and blood disorders.
At nearly 100 locations throughout Florida, our team of more than 250 physicians, 220 advanced practice providers and nearly 4,000 team members share a commitment to ensuring that patients have access to world-class cancer care, close to home, with the support they need at every step of their cancer journey.
At FCS, we believe the diversity, talent, skill and expertise of our people are our greatest assets, and we strive to provide a workplace where team members can thrive and grow. We invite you to grow with us. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our employment website as a result of your disability. To request reasonable accommodation, contact FCS Human Resources at (239) 274-8200.
*Due to the volume of applications we receive, applicant inquiries to this phone number which are unrelated to a request for accommodation due to a disability will not receive a response. Applications will be considered without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or other factors not related to specific position qualifications.
Benefits at a Glance
Health & Wellbeing
- Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Accident Injury
- Critical Illness
- Hospital Indemnity
- Teladoc (telemedicine)
- Retirement Savings Plan (401(k)/Employer Match
- Life Insurance
Perks & More
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discount Programs
- Legal Plan (coming soon)
- Identity Theft (coming soon)
- Pet Insurance (coming soon)
FCS will pay the cost of tuition (per credit hour or per course) and required textbooks for eligible employees up to $5,250 per calendar year, which may be excluded from tax under IRS Section 127. The Employee Tuition Assistance Program (ETAP) affords and requires the following:
Full-Time Regular Active Employee:
- $5,250 per calendar year for a full-time regular active employee seeking a Nursing degree, including: LPN, ASN, ADN, BSN, MSN and DNP.
- $4,000 per calendar year for a full-time regular active employee seeking a non-Nursing undergraduate or graduate degree related to employee’s current position or a position at FCS. Degree Programs including but not limited to: Health Information Management, Human Resources, Accounting, Business Administration, Pharmacology, Pharmacist, Physician Assistant, Information Technology and Non-Degree College Credit courses. Such programs and courses are subject to prior approval by the Facility Manager or Operations Director and HR Business Partner.
Part-Time Regular Active Employee:
- $2,625 per calendar year for a part-time regular active employee seeking a Nursing degree including: LPN, ASN, ADN, BSN, MSN and DNP.
- $2,000 per calendar year for a part-time regular active employee seeking a non-Nursing undergraduate or graduate degree related to employee’s current position or a position at FCS. Degree Programs including but not limited to: Health Information Management, Human Resources, Accounting, Business Administration, Pharmacology, Pharmacist, Physician Assistant, Information Technology and Non-Degree College Credit courses. Such programs and courses are subject to prior approval by the Facility Manager or Operations Director and HR Business Partner.
Note: The above information is only intended to highlight some of the FCS benefits plan and/or options and should not be relied upon as a complete detailed representation of the offerings, or eligibility to participate. Benefits, at FCS discretion, are subject to change.
Our core values form the foundation of how we perform work and conduct ourselves with each other and our patients. In an ever-changing world, core values are constant and guide us every day in everything we do.
The "C.A.R.E. Values" of Florida Cancer Specialists
Continuously Support the Patient.
Our team delivers results by providing compassionate oncology and hematology services with continued focus on the patient.
Always Do the Right Thing.
We are committed to personal excellence, accountability, and integrity. We abide by the highest regulatory standards, perform in the most ethical manner, and take responsibility for our actions.
We foster positive relationships, encourage diversity of thought, and promote trust among our teams and customers. We encourage healthy debate and respect the thoughts and opinions of others. We believe that the talent, skills and expertise of our people are our most important assets.
We strive to provide excellence in all that we do. We create a standard of caring that goes above and beyond while embracing change in support of continuous improvement for our patients.
Medical Assistants are vital members of the FCS team. Their role is to directly assist physicians, nurses and other professionals with various patient care responsibilities.
Some of the daily responsibilities of a Clinical Medical Assistant may include:
- Assisting doctors in physical exams and minor surgeries
- Taking patients’ vital signs, height and weight measurements
- Dressing wounds and administering medications
- Sterilizing medical instruments and preparing examination rooms
- Performing EKGs and phlebotomy procedures
- Other clinical procedures as required by the medical facility
- A thorough understanding of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, medical law and ethics and HIPAA regulations is required
RNs assist physicians in the care and teaching of patients. These caring professionals have one of the most challenging and rewarding jobs in our field. Nurses have the opportunity to empower our patients and their families with knowledge and the ability to bring understanding and peace during what can be a confusing or challenging time. Nurses are often the first point of contact for patients. Doctors rely heavily on nurses for crucial information about each patient, and their experience and medical knowledge provides the basis of diagnoses and subsequent treatments.
In each clinic, our Head Nurse leads the nursing and auxiliary staff in providing holistic, high-quality, safe, reliable and efficient care. Our patients truly respect and appreciate our personal approach.
Financial Counselors navigate patients through their treatment journey assisting with insurance related and financial questions. They provide insurance and benefit verification, obtain authorizations, review payer-specific coverage determinations, investigate financial assistance options and are a dedicated point of contact for each patient.
Our laboratory is a CAP accredited, state-of-the-art facility staffed with highly specialized clinical scientists, pathologists and administrative staff to serve the needs of our practice.
The FCS lab is equipped to provide both technical and professional evaluations of several specimens and laboratory technologies, primarily comprehensive hematopathology. This includes routine clinical lab testing, histology, immunohistochemistry (IHC), in situ hybridization (ISH), flow cytometry, cytogenetics, fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) and Next Generation Sequencing molecular testing.